If you have not had your clubs fitted, there is a good chance that they are to blame for some of your wayward shots. Take a look at the list below to see if you could benefit from a custom fit session:
- Shafts too flexible – you may be hitting the ball high, hooking the ball, or experience inconsistency.
- Clubs too long – You may find yourself hitting the ball fat or falling away at impact.
- Lie too flat – Your shots may be going straight right of target, or find yourself with an over strong grip
- Shafts too stiff – Hitting the ball low, weak shots to the right and poor distance may indicate that your shafts are too stiff
- Clubs too short – If you often hit ‘thin’ shots, fall forward at impact or your knees are too flexed, you make be using clubs that are too short.
- Lie too upright – A weak grip, a dislike of ‘tight’ lies and a tendency to hit shots left of target may indicate the lie of your clubs is too upright.